Thursday 2 May 2013

Hymn Book - Getting it printed

I went and spoke to Steve about getting my book printed. It weighed in at a pretty hefty 208 pages, including contents etc, so I made sure I gave him plenty of lead time. Turns out he can only print double-sided four-page sections, which seems a bit daft as that is only a single page, so I was going to have problems getting the imposition right. I worked around this by exporting each 16-page section as a separate pdf, so that I had total control.

As it is such a small book I was able to get two copies printed for pretty much the price of one, which is handy in case anything goes wrong with the binding. I trimmed the spreads slightly, leaving plenty of bleed so I could guillotine it after binding, then carefully folded them all and put the sections into order.

No comments:

Post a Comment