Monday 27 February 2012

Music Poster Project - Final Designs

Of course I couldn't just leave it there. With a week to go until the final crit, I had plenty of time to come up with a better idea, surely. Here's the first one:


I like the look of this one, although I don't think the concept behind it is as strong as my earlier efforts. I am rather fond of the Japanese emoticons. To make it even more Swiss, here's a red version:

Okay, so that's another new idea. I do quite like it but perhaps not as much as some of my other designs. Ho hum. Next!

We have a winner! This idea kind of popped into my head when I sat down and really thought about the lyrics in Psycho Killer. He can't seem to face up to the facts, he's tense and nervous and he can't relax... wait a minute... how about presenting this as a giant A1 psychiatric assessment form!

I scoured the 'net for various forms, especially American ones (Talking Heads are from New York) and then designed one of my own. The main section is a series of yes/no questions, such as:

Able to face up to facts?
Tense?
Nervous?
Can relax?
My personal favourite is:

Sleeping well?      Yes/No     If no, why not?    Believes his bed is on fire.

Oh how I laughed. No, really I did. Anyway, there it is. Many of the real forms had a barcode at the bottom. I saw this as an opportunity to add one of those cool-looking QR codes. If you scan this with a smartphone, you will be taken to the song on Youtube, so you can listen while admiring my poster!

No comments:

Post a Comment